LEON SLABOH. My humility paid off.

I waited for my turn to be given a script in the rehearsals every day for about 1 week. I was ignored.
It was the rehearsals of UNDER THE LAW a TV comedy series starting Late Sam Loco Efe, Christy Okonkwo, Murphy Stephens. This was my first auditions in Nollywood after several attempts in 2006.
One day, Murphy Stephens got the Director's attention. He asked why I was attending the rehearsals even though there was no major role for me. I had gotten a very minor role with an acting fee of 3,000 naira. The Director gave me a one time look and stretched a script. That is how I got my first major role to play Lanre, one of Sam Loco's tenants and earned 57,000 naira. I was very happy. Henry Ejeta told me during shoot that my patience and humility paid off. Few months later, Leon Slaboh attended another audition at Chico Ejiro's Grand Touch Pictures and got a role in TREASURES starting Lisa Onu, Vincent Opurum and since then he has featured in Paul Igwe's popular CLINIC MATTERS and worked with many top movie Directors in Nollywood such as Ifeanyi Onyeabor in Ghana.
LEON SLABOH. My humility paid off. LEON SLABOH. My humility paid off. Reviewed by nomb-blogger on August 17, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.